Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class B possession charge… Can i get Tourist Visa and/or work permit/visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class B possession charge… Can i get Tourist Visa and/or work permit/visa?

Hi.
    I have a recent criminal charge for Possession of class B drugs (cannabis).
    I was fined £145 and did 40 hours of community service.
    I soon fly to Indonesia to work as a free diving instructor for 3-6 months but would like to travel to Washington in the North of USA to see a friend after my job in Indonesia.
    I am well spoken with a degree in Marine bIology and I am a qualified free diving instructor.
    I am 29 years old. I would be entering the country with plenty of money in my bank to spend there.
    What are my chances of being granted a tourist or work visa for USA?

There is no requirement for a police report when applying for a U.S. visitor visa. Employment-based visas might be a different story. Also, the Visa Waiver option to enter the U.S. as a U.K. citizen shouldn't require a police report or criminal records check.

There has been discussion in the past of instituting something (in the U.K.) like the NCIC access that Canadian law enforcement and immigration staff use to check people entering Canada from the U.S., and the reverse for those entering the U.S. from Canada.

--Ray B

Originally posted by Krakenlims View Post
    Hi.
    I have a recent criminal charge for Possession of class B drugs (cannabis).
    I was fined £145 and did 40 hours of community service.
    I soon fly to Indonesia to work as a free diving instructor for 3-6 months but would like to travel to Washington in the North of USA to see a friend after my job in Indonesia.
    I am well spoken with a degree in Marine bIology and I am a qualified free diving instructor.
    I am 29 years old. I would be entering the country with plenty of money in my bank to spend there.
    What are my chances of being granted a tourist or work visa for USA?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X